BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Blessings All Round

Sometimes life just HITS you, and you have to stand up, take note, and appreciate and love what you've been given and have the opportunity to watch/experience.

A dear friend celebrating the life of her beloved grandmother.  A time for tears?  Yes, maybe, but more importantly a time for me to thank God that she had her grandmother for so long, and that she wants to share her grandmother's life with others.

A new friend who brings me, and others, cookies during a class break.  REALLY???  Her income is limited (for all students it is, isn't it?), and she shares cookies with us!  WOW.  I'm humbled and blessed.

A brave friend who shares recent struggles on her blog, which gives others strength and encouragement to be honest and open with wherever they are and whatever is thrown at them.  I am lucky to have someone so brave in my life.

A young student who only wants to sing and does so in the bathroom, with the door open, at the top of her voice.  And, this, gentle readers, is my oldest baby.  As I walked into her classroom to pick her up, there she was in the class restroom, singing her little heart out, and not even minding who heard.  Oh, I wish she could always hold on to that honest, I-don't-care, free-to-be attitude: I wanna sing, and I'm gonna do it RIGHT NOW!

And, finally, watching my husband revel in his favorite video game with our oldest two.  Listening to all of them think through and cooperate to get Zelda safe in Wind Waker has been just about the best thing ever.  It might be "just" a video game, but these kids are gaining major problem-solving skills, and I'm now a parent that will always encourage role-playing games.

These are just five things I'm thankful for.  No images today, folks.  Only words that I hope show you how blessed life can be, through pain, loss, and even in the most mundane, everyday things.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jo Mama said...

So many blessings - thanks for reminding us to always be counting them. I love you.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home