BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Really? REALLY?!?

I can't believe it, but I've become THAT person.  I've become the person that can't talk to you until she has her first sip of coffee.  This morning confirmed it.

It's my husband's birthday.  His BIRTHday.  I LOVE birthdays.  Love them like Jessica Day loves them.  (Did you SEE this week's ep of New Girl?  SPOILER ALERT: Bearclaw was back!)  But today, I could barely utter the words Happy Birthday upon awakening. 

I also couldn't "talk in my normal" voice to my kids until that first sip.  What's "talk in my normal voice, " you're asking?  Well, it's my "not mean voice," according to #1.  My mean voice is stern and serious, while my normal voice is lilting, fun, and well, not mean.  I felt horrible, but as soon as that first sip was taken, I was talking in my normal voice.

WHAT HAS BECOME OF ME???  I can't believe it.  This is horrible.  I'm THAT person.  I used to just be the little kid in the back of my dad's sweet maroon Buick LeSabre, riding along the highway with him and mom and broham, thinking the coffee he had smelled so good, but the taste was BLECH!  I used to make fun of my mom for drinking so much coffee everyday, but now I can't even use normal voice without it!?! 

I will say this.  I'm still at one cuppa day (unless it's a bad one).  The Starbucks VIA instant cups are quite delicious AND affordable (about 80 cents/cup if you get the 50 value pack I do). 



However, if you get me out and about in the morning, and I'm within ten miles of a Starbucks, I'll go out of my way to get my iced grande non-fat triple mocha with extra ice and no whip (try ordering that three times fast).  That order, my friends, is a little bit more than 80 cents.

I guess all I have to do is set my alarm earlier, so I can get that first sip in before anyone else wakes up...then I can awaken them with my normal voice.

And, let's end with Bearclaw!!!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Jo Mama said...

Interesting - I didn't need the coffee for my "normal" voice. Glad you got yours so everyone can enjoy your happy family day. ;-)

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home