BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

OSCARS COUNTDOWN!

The Oscars are only ONE WEEK AWAY!!!  Huzzah!  Tonight, I'm gonna be super bold and lay a few predictions down on the line.  Never done this publicly before.  Don't know why I feel moved tonight...I'm just setting myself up for public mockery.

SONG:
Has to be Adele's "Skyfall."  No Bond song's ever won an Oscar (which my husband reminds me of almost daily), but I think this one will do the trick.  (I mean, hey, a Kiwi writing about Mans and Muppets won last year.)  Besides the name ADELE next to the song, it's just devilishly good...and the opening sequence should win something gold, too, but oh, well.

SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
No contest--Anne Hathaway.  Haven't seen the movie adaptation, WON'T see the movie adaptation, but apparently Hathaway is making grown men who weigh 300 pounds and are covered with tattoos cry, so she's a shoe-in.

SUPPORTING ACTOR:
Ready to Walz again?  Cause I think the Academy is.  DeNiro, Tommy Lee, and Arkin aren't gonna win again, but I think Herr Christoph has found the man to make him shiny sparkle.  I am pretty sure he sends Tarantino THANK YOU texts EVERYDAY.

ACTRESS:
How can it NOT be Jessica Chastain?  She does more in contemplative silence than I do in an entire week.  DONE.  

ACTOR:
How can it NOT be Daniel Day Lewis???  DONER.

DIRECTOR:
Spielberg.  Spielberg signing on to direct an adaptation of Honest Abe's life was like Streep deciding to do a biopic of Thatch--ace in the hole.  DONEST.


(Oh, sorry...that's a picture of the man who SHOULD win Best Director.  My bad.)

MOVIE: 
The Academy will realize how utterly blind and stupid they've been for denying Affleck a Director nod.  My bet is the big whammy's gonna go to MY pick of the year...ARGO.  Django has too many N-words; Lincoln's too...just too TOO; and, Les  Mis?  NO.  WAY.  Like I said: They've realized they screwed up.  All go for Argo.



OK.  There it is...for now.  Just don't mock me too hard next week when I'm wrong. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jo Mama said...

Oh Ben. Jen, hold him up.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home