BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Back in Time

I have been stalking DeLoreans around Champaign-Urbana since I was in high school.  My dear friend, Jacob, who is the only person I know that shares an affinity with me for BTTF, Pt. II, over BTTF, Pt. III, spotted a DeLorean with the license plate GIGAWAT when I was a senior in high school.  Ever since then I get super excited when I see one "in the flesh."

Last year was a banner year.  On Mondays, when I made my morning Starbucks run, I started to see a DeLorean in the parking lot with Washington plates.  Oh, I knew it would be a good day when I saw that breathtaking good fortune omen.  The first time I saw it, I stopped in the drive thru lane, held up the traffic behind me, and snapped a photo of it...Did I mention the owner had just stepped out and popped the driver's side door up...BY REMOTE???  Well, he had, and he just gave me a sorry stare when he caught me snapping my photo.  I wonder how many times losers like me had done that?  I was proud to be in their number, too, cause ain't no shame in my game.

Well, that was LAST year.  This year quickly overtook that weak experience when, on Friday, September 14, I got to spend over two hours playing around and in a DeLorean to shoot a video for my church.  Yes, I got to shoot a video FOR MY CHURCH about being addicted to BTTF.  (BTW, who ARE all the losers that say Christians and Christianity suck!?!  You guys need to get an open mind and check out Quest.)  Unfortunately, the video can't be posted online, because we might have used some of Alan Silvestri's theme music, but you can check out some awesome photos here.  It was way too much fun.  When I got to open UP that door for the first time, and it made that swooshing noise, I exhaled a breath of sheer giggly glee.  I felt like a child in a candy shop so much fun it was.  Thanks, Quest, for making dreams come true!!! 




1 Comments:

Anonymous Jo Mama said...

YOU make all our dreams come true, Amanda. You are the bestest, and glad to know "it runs in the family" with your brother having a "touch".

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home