BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Oh, V Day...

You know what I miss?  Valentine's Day mailboxes...and Valentine's Day parties...and cheap little Valentines. 

As a kid, I think this was TRULY the highlight of my school year...even more than Christmas.  We spent at least two days perfecting our Valentine's Day mailboxes.  Oh, it was GLORIOUS.  I would also spend A LOT of time picking out Valentines for my crushes, because it couldn't be obvious I liked them, but then again I didn't want them to have the lamest one from the box.


I mean, would I want Mr. Hot Shot 4th Grader to get Coulier???  I don't think so.  It was very precise and exact, the picking was.

As I was driving to work today I thought..."HEY!  Wait a minute!  You've been a dedicated, diligent teacher for TEN years.  Why haven't you ever let loose and had the kids make Valentines for each other!?!...and make MAILBOXES!?!"  Sure, I might be a MIDDLE SCHOOL teacher, but we  need to let loose, too!  School has become WAY too serious lately: standardized testing, benchmarking, progress monitoring.  School is also for SOCIAL education.  If I still have a job next year, I'm LETTING LOOSE.  Look out, admin: we gonna be making some sweet Valentime Boxes AND exchanging notes of innocent luv, too. 

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home