BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Not Our Year

SPOILER ALERT: These rally caps did NOT work.


Baseball season is now in full swing. And, as it is with every season, Cubs fans across the nation start afresh with hope, vim, and vigor for a winning season. Well, faithful few, my hope may already be dashed.


A trip to Wrigley Field is always welcomed and anticipated with great joy. The hot dogs...the Pepsi...the nachos...the new mini-jumbo tron in right field??? (Oh, well. I guess we have to upgrade every now and then.) Possibly my only visit this season happened during opening weekend, so I got my sweet magnetic schedule. That's pretty much where the fun ended.


The last two innings were long, excruiating, and painful. I rarely leak into the negative field on this humble blogspot, but man, we HAVE to do something about our pitching staff. I've been done with Marmol for too long, and I wish the management would be done with him, too. Good ole Kerry Wood is back in the blue pinstripes, but he ain't what he used to be.


I want us to be the Major League Cleveland Indians after our not so stellar start. I do have a glimmer of hope left that we can be. I mean, the season's only a week old. Dismal as it seems right now, maybe we can still turn this season around??? All's I know is this: it's been waaaay too long since 1908.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home