BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, March 02, 2012

AWARD Winning Music Group*

Did you know that the Monkees won Emmys? Well, they did. I like to think a lot of that is due to one cute, impish import from Manchester. Oh, yeah, and they were hilarious. I love that Disney Channel ripped off their format for the Jonas show, but then that is the highest form of flattery. I still laugh out loud when I watch the show...which I've been doing frequently this week.
  • Slapstick? CHECK.
  • Real life reels from out on the street? CHECK.
  • Bumper spots of the boys talking when the show runs too short (and them glibly admitting that's why they're doing so)? CHECK.
  • Loads of musical montages? CHECK!
Thank you, AGAIN, to my wonderful dad, who recorded MTV's 24 hour Monkees marathon in 1986 to get me on the retro Monkees bandwagon. You're the best, da!




*10 points extra credit if you know where I got my subject heading from. ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jo Mama said...

He is rather the best, eh? Too bad Auntie Carla and I thwarted the taping of the last episode ~ one of many things where I wish there was a "do over" button.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home