BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Memories of a Monkee




  1. Boy oh BOY did I want some Davy Beads. Yes, they were Davy Beads...NOT to be confused with Cassidy Puka Shells.

  2. I longed to learn how to play the maracas...cause I truly believed there was an art to them. Davy made them look soooo good.

  3. Richard Marx's 80s mullet had NUTHIN' on Davy's. Middle aged Davy knew how to rock it.

  4. I learned how to sing harmony with the Monkees. Micky on lead; Davy and me on harmonies. Thanks, ole chap.

  5. Two aunts; two different places to borrow albums. At Aunt Barb's I would just bring her's out and STARE at Davy and memorize his important personal facts. ("What? This says he plays the guitar. He plays the maracas!"--I actually said this.) From Aunt Cathy, I tried to steal...literally. I would hide the albums under my throw rug, which was under my bed, and pretend I had no idea where the albums went when my dad tried to return them.

  6. The Real Live Brady Bunch at the Assembly Hall, spring 1994. One of the GREATEST mini-concerts EVER. My friend, Abbey, and I got to see Episode #64, "Getting Davy Jones." Yes, Davy was HERE--in MY town! Yes, he sang an encore mini-concert of three songs. Yes, he did the Davy walk from Daydream Believer. All was right with my 8th grade world. I still have the tee-shirt from that night. I want to wear it tomorrow, though I don't know how professional that would be.

1 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

David Bowie was born Davy Jones, and when he went into the musics, he changed his name because Davy Jones was on stage with the Oliver thing (where he played the artful dodger?)

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home