BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, April 13, 2012

It Might be a Soft J


  • I am not in with the in crowd. It's not the first time, and it definitely won't be the last.



Currently there is an amazing amount of people at my work, in my life, and in my community who are jogging...or yogging, as Ron Burgundy and I like to call it. It's an old fad made new again, thanks to countless not-for-profit/fundraising 5K's, marathons, and just jogging for the fun of it attitudes. Guess what? I don't think it's fun. But, I keep this on the downlow, because according to so many I know, it's just the bestest, greatest thing EVER!


I know...I know...I KNOW! I need to get moving! What used to be exercising for 30 minutes three times a week is now exercising 30 minutes everyday of the week. Don't get me wrong: I love to work up a sweat on the elliptical or with a brisk walk around my neighborhood. I just literally cannot find out how. Maybe after viewing my schedule, you'll be able to help me:

6:30--Wake up! Shower!
7:00--Get into car for another challenging, yet rewarding, day of teaching.
8:00 a.m.-2:50 p.m.--Teach, attend team meetings, attend collaborative/disciplinary/special education meetings
3:00--Leave my job! Cause I only work 8-3...oh, wait: staff meetings, ELA meetings, AVID meetings, after school homework club to monitor...get it, now???
4:30--Home to the babes! Play for 30 minutes (or take a walk if it's nice) before...
5:00--Start dinner, juggle the boy (who wants to get into everything!)
6:00-8:00--Dinner/playtime/bathtime/bedtime
8:00-9:00--Clean dishes, kitchens/bathrooms, put laundry away, get lunch ready for tomorrow
9:00-11:00 p.m.--Grade (if I'm not in a blindingly exhausted daze), maybe see my husband?, finally hit the hay (if I'm lucky by 11)

So, here's the deal. Don't think I'm less of a person, cause I'm not totally jazzed to have a 13.1 sticker on my bumper or a triathalon tee-shirt around my form every other day. Guess what I also don't have? A LIVESTRONG bracelet, and I've never wanted one. Do I want to exercise? Yes! Do I want to constantly hear about YOU exercising? No! And, I won't tell you about my workout--or lack thereof--either. The only thing I would like to hear about from you is a way for me to work that workout in! God knows I need it: I lack energy, but when? Help a sister out, yo!

6 Comments:

Anonymous sara sullivan said...

What if I told you I'm training for a 5K that takes place in May and every step hurts my joints and every landing makes my breastfeeding boobs ache. Not enjoying it but doing it anyway. That's pretty dumb. Oh and the lungs. I feel fire in my lungs.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Angelo said...

I totally agree! I know I *should* do it but the question is when and how. The truth is I am simply not willing to lose time with my family or get up earlier than my current 4:45am (!!) wake-up. So - yeah - let me know if you figure this out! :)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Bronwyn Cain said...

Go for a quick walk by yourself while M does baths? That's what I do...for exercise, but also for sanity. Having a dog makes for a great excuse...I have an extra if you want her. ;-) 15-20 minutes is plenty, if you are on your feet and active during the day! The new guidelines are b.s., or for people who are just completely sedentary, sitting in a Lazy Boy all day.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Andy Robinson said...

I hate running too. But I used to think stationary biking was stupid too but spinning class is growing on me when I occasionally go. I think I like the music.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No one thinks you are less of a person. It is really hard to find time during the week to exercise. I think spending time with your kids and making dinner everynight is more important. Don't beat yourself up Amanda!

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Jo Mama said...

Start counting "exercises" in course of your day - running up the stairs and down the stairs and down the stairs carrying laundry and up the stairs carrying laundry and the "lifting" (Kean) . . . you may be doing a few things to burn calories not in the traditional realm - a soft 'j', if you will.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home