BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, May 13, 2011

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye



I was late to the Smallville party: didn't show up until five years in. I devoured the first five seasons on DVD, and then I kept playing catch up via DVD while new ones ran. The last few seasons I've been able to watch "live," but even that's been hard to keep up with. (Thanks to the CW's horrible programming: No new episodes for weeks at a time, then one new episode, then another three week break. Discouraging and frustrating!)


But now, here it comes: THE END. Smallville will exit the CW airwaves after 10 long years tonight. It's the end of an era. At times it's been slow moving. Sure, I've missed Lex loads. I still believe the show's best years were the first four. But, doggoneit, I'm gonna miss the knowledge that I can have some new Smallville stacked up in my DVR even more than the show's sometime weak story arcs.


Farewell, Welling's Clark. I hope I get to see you shake off the swift feet of the Blur and watch you take flight tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home