BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, April 01, 2011

LAETTNAH!


The Final Four is tomorrow, and the big NCAA Championship game is Monday night. With this in mind, I thought it might be time for a bit of reminiscing...


It was March Madness of 1991. I was watching some CBS basketball coveraget with my broham, and Christian Laettner bounced into my life. My brother hated him, hated Duke, and then hated me for loving the Laettner. I was a 12-year-old girl, he was a ballah, and cute...What did brother expect???


When Laettner hit a last second shot against Kentuck that will forever live in NCAA March Madness infamy, I tried to argue with my brother that Laettner was legit. When Laettner hit the pages of People's 50 Most Beautiful People, I thought I'd for sure prove to lil Andy that this guy was the real deal. Then Laettner was the only collegiate player on 1992 USA Olympic Dream Team. Fo sho Andrew'd get on my side now!...Except for the fact that Laettner clocked about 10 minutes the entire time in Barcelona. Oh, well, thought young me...he's still hot.


Here's to:


  • March Madness

  • my brief time cheering for Duke

  • that last second gorgeous shot that's still aired on CBS' tourney montages

  • CHRISTIAN LAETTNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home