BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, May 13, 2011

THE WEDDING! (A Delayed Reaction Post)




The dress! The horse-drawn carriage! The kiss! Wedding magic!



Prince William and his dear Kate have been married for two weeks, and I am just getting around to posting my thoughts! SHAME! As I watched the Royal Wedding, I filled out a Bingo card printed in the 4/15/11 edition of Entertainment Weekly. Let me tell you that filling out the card made being up at 4:00 a.m. not too bad at all.



I was joined by my 5-month-old son for part of the pre-show, and he also woke up again just in time for the "big" kiss at 6:30. I admit that I was hesitant to get up at first (much due to the derision from my husband), but by the end, I was so glad I woke up and saw this historical event. Sure, it did spin a bit out of control due to the constant media footage, but it was simply magical elegance. Below is a quick rundown (if you even still care two weeks later) in short, quick fragmented thought:





  • Hats? YES! Obelisks? NO!


  • What's up with old English ladies and monotone dress suits? No offense, mum.


  • Prince Phillip in the house! I hope I can walk straight and upright at 90...I hope I make 90.


  • Did you know Kate's a commoner? Cause after five minutes of pre-show you would've been reminded 6 times.


  • Sleeves! She has sleeves! (SOOOO sick of strapless, poofy wedding gowns.)


  • The most perfect, elegant, gorgeous dress I've ever seen. (I felt like a five-year-old girl when I saw it, cause that's what I want my dress to look like.


  • That kiss needed to be sexier...sorry, but it did.












1 Comments:

Anonymous father-in-law said...

I think both kisses were fine. And you didn't mention Pippa!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home