BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, January 08, 2010

Happy 75th!

Elvis would be 75 if he were alive today. I wish he was still around for many reasons. I would've loved to see how his music evolved. I think he would really like all of the different directions music has gone, and I think he would've shown his appreciation and respect for different music genres--such as grunge and hip hop--by collaborating with different artists.

I'm also mad to see what Elvis would've looked like by now. He would've definitely dabbled in plastic surgery. Heck! He did that when he was alive! But, I hope he wouldn't have strayed too far down the plastic path, like Barry Manilow has. (Yikes...Have you seen him lately??? Someone order him to put down the knife.) I'm confident he would've gotten his weight under control, and he would still have some dazzling white teeth (or dentures, as the case may be).

And, Vegas? Yeah, he would definitely be housed in Vegas. I can just imagine him, with sold out shows everynight, and still wowin' the crowd at 75. He might not be moving as much, but I think as Vegas would've gotten bigger, his shows would've gotten bigger, too. If this was the case, I would be happy to go there every year with the Husband.

Wow. Just imagining all of the things that he could've done and the way he might've looked makes me REALLY depressed. :( He could've done SO much for others. His philanthropy while alive was unbelievable, and he could've helped so many other people if he would've lived this long. And, you can bet, he would've been one of the first to send aid to the victims of Katrina, and he would be constantly sending help and encouragement to the troops overseas.

I'm going to end this post with one of my favorite Elvis photos I saw for the first time at Graceland a few years ago. It's Elvis with Cilla, and one of my other favorite entertainers, Tom Jones. I love both of these guys, and I bet they could've taken the country by storm with a doubles tour. Elvis would've headlined, though...obviously. ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous cori said...

Look at Cilla's hair!! Nice!!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home