BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, January 01, 2010

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye


As if New Year wasn't bad enough with the taking down the Christmas tree (or trees in my case), getting on the scale after the holiday season of butter, cream, and bacon, and going back to work, this year I also have to deal with saying goodbye to "my" doctor, David Tennant.

The first couple of days of 2010 will see David Tennant's last episode of Doctor Who air: tonight in the UK, tomorrow here in the US. To say we're depressed is an understatement. I still feel the guy's got a couple more superb seasons in him, but all good--nay, GREAT--things must come to an end. After all, it's better to end on top than rummaging around on the bottom with equivalent of a Cousin Pam or Lois and Clark wedding.

BBC America is running a three day marathon of all David Tennant episodes that started last night at midnight/11 p.m. (central)and end tomorrow with the broadcast of "The End of Time." Since I don't have BBC America (for shame), I've started my own marathon, here on the flat screen at 10:00 a.m., with the introductory Tennant episode, "Christmas Invasion." I'll be looking back over Tennant's Top Episodes over the next 48 hours, and if you think it's an easy task to narrow down his episodes into a best of list, you're mistaken. Check in frequently for this riveting list between drying your Tennantless induced tears and working off those extra holiday pounds you've packed on.

Oh, yeah, and Happy New Year, hope you had a great Christmas, and my NY res is to post more here and ignore FB more...we'll see how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home