BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, January 01, 2010

Tennant's Top 10: Part II

Here we goooooooooooooo:

5. Midnight: Simply fantastic. Alien beings that take over and assimilate others and are actually strong enough to take over our hero, the Doctor. One of the freakiest episodes there is, and if you thought kids mimicking you were annoying, after this they'll just be downright scary.

4. Utopia: Everyone wants to be on Doctor Who...even Sir Derek Jacobi. Before the drums can come, you have to watch Professor Yana realize his identity...and then his destiny as the Master.

3. Girl in the Fireplace: Husband said today, "45 minutes of excellent television," while referring to this episode, and I can't agree with him more. The Doctor, Rose, and Mickey are stranded on a space station, the daiquiri is created a 100 years early, and one of the most touching ends in Tennant's run as the Doctor all occur in this episode.

2. Human Nature/Family of Blood: I know I'm cheating to count this two-parter as one episode, but I can never watch just part one without continuing to part two. This one still makes me misty eyed, and for the Doctor to see his life as a regular human, and then to have this taken out of his grasp, is heartbreaking. Even though we want him saving the universe as a Time Lord, to see his human life taken away leaves me miserable. Oh, yeah, and this is the episode when you find out how really bad A the Doctor is: He takes NO prisoners.

1. BLINK: Duh! Of course this is my number one. It is the best episode of Doctor Who, in my opinion, and the Doctor only plays a peripheral role. Time really isn't a strict sequence of events, but a mess of timey wimey/wibbly wobbly stuff. And, after seeing this, if you still look at statues as lifeless, stone creations, give me a call, cause I can't believe you.

There it is, folks. My Tennant Top 10. I do want to give honorable mention to Time Crash, though. This five minute episode made for the BBC fundraiser, Children in Need, has the tenth Doctor crashing into the fifth Doctor in the TARDIS. It is simply wonderful, and you really do believe Tennant when he tells Davison, "You were MY Doctor." Aww.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home