BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, July 03, 2009

Born on the Third of July

Happy Birthday to one of my childhood crushes, Tom Cruise! Now I know a lot of y'all think he's cuh-razy, but a man's religion is his choice (no matter how whacked out and weird it may be). I still enjoy Tom Cruise films, and his turn in last summer's Tropic Thunder should've gotten him an Oscar nod. (Why does the Academy always hate on the comedies??? Something doesn't have to be high drama to be a great film.) I always like watching some Cruise films on his big day, but seeing as baby is here and now in charge, I don't know if I'll get to do that.

So, why don't some of you go have your own mini-Cruise Fest without me? It's a great way to spend the day before the 4th. Here are my picks for the Cruise Fest you're about to have:

1. The aforementioned Tropic Thunder (start it off with some laughs, yo!)
2. Vanilla Sky (another stellar performance that people seem to ignore)
3. A Few Good Men (quickly becoming my favorite Cruise film)
4. Interview with a Vampire (I can't have a Cruise Fest without it)
5. Mission: Impossible (you can't have a Cruise Fest without some action)
*6. If you have time, go rent/Netflix/get Valkyrie. It really was an excellent flick, and I enjoyed it immensely (but I do want Singer to get back to making another Superman pic with Brandon Routh now).

Have a Cruisazy day!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kendra said...

Interview with a Vampire and Vanilla Sky are both amazing. I am interested on Valkyrie- isn't my transvestite boyfriend Eddie Izzard in that?

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home