BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Best Hair Ever

I just wanted to pay my quick respects to my favorite angel, Farrah Fawcett. Man oh man did I want her hair when I was little. It was so feathery, so light, so PERFECT. (My thick, wavy hair could never be like that.) Seriously, I don't think you understand: I would stare at her hair for minutes on end and dream of having some just like it.

There are two of her works I loved: "See You in the Morning" and "Small Sacrifices." "See You in the Morning" is an amazing little movie boasting an all-star cast: Jeff Bridges, Drew Barrymore, Macaulay Culkin, and, for all you Trekkies, Alice Krige. It's a simply delightful, unpretentious movie about a divorcee, Jeff Bridges, trying to make a new life away from his first wife, Fawcett. The trouble is he still loves his ex-mother-in-law, respects his ex, and loves his kids. And, here's my trouble: it's not available on DVD. :(

Speaking of trouble, neither is "Small Sacrifices," the 1991 mini-series in which Fawcett plays a desperate woman who tries to kill her kids in order to woo her lover, Ryan O'Neal, away from his family. It also co-stars John Shea as the prosecutor trying to put her away. It's a powerfully twisted true story with a powerhouse performance from Fawcett.

.I.P., angel. We'll see you again someday...(and, I think I'm more sure of that than of seeing MJ again one day).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home