BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Really!?!

It's official, folks: Smallville has been renewed for a 9th season. I have to admit I don't know how I feel about this. Season 7 was a MAJOR bummer, and Season 8 has kicked it up a notch. The Legion has been around, Doomsday's roamin' the earth, and Lex is out there...somewhere. But, really? You all know I loves me some Smallville, but we need to make some advances toward Superman...FAST. It just seems like the show has no direction. It needs an end in sight to mold its episodes to perfection instead of countless filler*.

Clark needs to fly, yo! I just read Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale's Superman for All Seasons, the graphic novel which inspired Smallville. (In fact, Loeb and Sale have done some producing and writing on the show.) Clark was out and flying about by the second part in the book. On the show, Clark is in Metropolis, working at the Daily Planet, and sparks are beginning to kindle between him and Lois. Now, we need some specs, some tights, and some flights. C'mon! I can't suspend my disbelief that he's not a superhero yet. They better get that party started by the end of this season and spend Season 9 reveling in his superheroness (yes, I just made up that word).

*Yes, I know: I need to be a TV executive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home