BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, June 06, 2008

Clues to Summer

There are certain clues around my house that let you know it's summer (in case the continually escalating heat wasn't clue enough). First of all, I've posted two days IN A ROW! It must be summer! No papers to grade, meetings to attend, parents to call...all my attention can be put on you, dear reader. Clue number two is that the TV is constantly tuned to 42--Food Network on the Champaign Comcast feed. For the next couple of clues, I have some visual aids. Visual aids=FUN!!!

Check out all the fresh produce in the fridge!


Grapes, fresh homemade salsa (made today by yours truly), cucumber, mushrooms, Bing cherries, pineapple, watermelon!!! I'm going to have so much fun eating all that! And, do you all love my Rachael Ray Magazine photo!?! I sure do. Hey, FoodNetworkAddict, your next contest should be people sending in pictures of their fridges, a la RayRay!


Look at my counter and stove top! All ready to prepare dinner! The pot and pan are laid out (and, yes, the fruit bowl to the right of the stove is full, too!), the chicken is defrosting, and all ingredients are ready to be chopped up, opened up, or cooked up. BTW, we'll be dining on chicken enchiladas with salsa verde and pinto beans tonight. Uh-huh: delicious. Just in case something goes wrong, I consult the Messes & Successes section in the RayRay magazines that are stacked up on the toaster, cause really, who needs toast when you have RayRay's help? Ah, I love spending summer time in the kitchen!

How do you know it's summer? :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum yum yum yum - Ray Ray's got nothin' on you, daughter.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home