BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Even Better than the Time You Ate Your Weight in Godfather's Pizza

Friday night saw me partaking in a double bill at the Savoy 16, and Sunday saw me back for one more! It was a movie weekend fo' sho', with two out of the three being wonderful.

JUNO--loved it, loved it, loved it! I know it took me too long to see it, but the important thing is I finally got to. Boy, do I ever covet Juno's cheeseburger phone and extraEXTRA large sunglasses. It was great to see Bateman pushing the envelope and being a total D-bag. And then there's Cera: Oh, Michael Cera, what a sweet, angelic singing voice you have.

CLOVERFIELD--hated it, hated it, HATED IT. I refuse to give it any more words, time, or energy. (One thing's for sure, though: After seeing it, I'm sorry I vowed not to swear on this blog.)

SWEENEY TODD--deeeeeeeeeeeeee-licious meat pies and songs all round. Oh, please, do go see it! (Except for Cori, because the Sleepy Hollow blood's back, sister, and you'll be ill.) After this, no one should be in doubt: Depp is definitely the best actor of our generation. There was also a short, yet sweet, Buffy alumni cameo. One thing I didn't like: seeing Sacha Baron Cohen's package through his ultra tight, shiny blue Colleen Atwood designed pants. *shiver!*

It's definitely a better time for me than eating my weight in Godfather's pizza, but I would have to ask Chunk if he'd agree.

1 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

Loved Juno too (but watched it online at watch-movies.net -- you'll probably get addicted to that, now, Manna. Kids will be trying to pry you off it at school when you're supposed to be teaching.)

AND I LIKED Cloverfield! All you weak-stomached fools can go watch Independence Day for the zillionth time and bask in the glow of a crappy model-sized White House exploding. True, it had its shaky, unrealistic parts, but those shots of a New York City in terror (shown from your own vantage point and not some soaring Hollywood camera crane) were some of the best I've seen to date.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home