BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Monday, August 06, 2007

LOLLAPALOOZA!!!

I can't even begin to tell you what an AMAZING weekend I just had! Lollapalooza was an experience I will NEVER forget. I was going to try to play it cool with this post, but all I can do is gush and get all nerdy with how fantastic it all was.

G. Love & Special Sauce*The Black Keys*Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals*Patti Smith*The Roots*Regina Spektor*Snow Patrol*Amy Winehouse*Kings of Leon*My Morning Jacket*PEARL JAM

All of these were seen within the span of 72 hours. Plus, Eddie Vedder came out and did a number with Ben Harper (who repaid the favor in full on closing night) and Kings of Leon. Here are just a few more quick highlights:

  • Regina Spektor was the most charming performer I have ever seen EVER--so humble that we would actually want to pick her to see. She stopped mid-song to help an audience member that was sick and wouldn't continue until they were out of the hot crowd.
  • My Morning Jacket tore the main stage UP! It was at least 90 degress plus humid and sticky. and they all had cute little suits on. They brought out the Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra to play with them, which added a whole new level to their performance. Oh, and their backdrop looked like a Candy Land board. Yum.
  • Eddie Vedder & Ben Harper. Eddie helped out Ben with "Masters of War;" Ben helped Eddie out on a new (?) anti-war song plus "Rockin' in a Free World." Just seeing them stand together and sing with such passion and fervor last night made me cry; I've never done that at a PJ show before.
  • And, I just got a leeeeeeetle bit of sunburn! I bet it's gone by tomorrow!
If you ever have a chance to see a live festival EVER, please, please, PLEASE try to go to one...especially if it's Lollapalooza. You might even get to listen to Perry Farrell talk about honey farms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home