BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Alas, I Knew This Day Would Come

I've been working hard since January to finish them, and last night I completed Season 5 of Smallville. Tonight I've found myself in quite a predicament: What do I watch???

No Smallville. Dr. Who Season 3 isn't due until November (though there might be ways around that, eh, Galen?). Don't have a T.V.'o or HBO, so can't watch new Big Love. Food Network's "night time" does nt blow my skirt up, as it may do others...but some fine
cookery might be just the ticket.


Ah, Jamie Oliver (look at how little he is)!!! How I miss thee! I'll say it again: FN was daft, dumb, and stupid to get rid of you. He was always uber-engaging, interesting, wore funny shirts (like above) and said funny British stuff. He also taught me what a grill pan is (which is why I asked for one on our wedding registry). There was nothing like coming home from a late night at Pages and watching you at 11:30 and midnight on a Friday or Saturday night. Thank goodness I came home from Scotland well equipped: this is a time when my three DVD set of Jamie, purchased at HMV in Edinburgh, is well worth the 20 pounds (you convert that on your own). Now if I could only be brave enough to try some of his first season recipes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home