BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Catch Up Post 1: Mallorca

Hello, much missed readers! It's been too many days since our last chat, and I've been very busy. We've spent the last week in Mallorca, Spain. Most of our time was spent on the beach at right. Let me give you a quick rundown of our week's activities:

SUNDAY: morning-beach; afternoon-beach

MONDAY: morning-beach; afternoon-seafront

TUESDAY: morning-beach; afternoon-seafront

WEDNESDAY: morning-beach; afternoon-seafront

THURSDAY: morning-beach; afternoon-seafront

FRIDAY: morning-beach; afternoon-seafront

Get the drift? When I say 'seafront,' our hotel looked out on the Mediterranean Sea, and there were lots of outcroppings from the rocky shore. We made base on one of these rocky cliffs everyday. Wunderbar! (Speaking of 'wunderbar,' there were a lot of Germans around. Too bad I only learned how to watch 'Mozart' in German class, because I couldn't converse.)

It was gorgeous, I only got a bit of sunburn (in the most peculiar of places, too), and I got to read--A LOT! I read two large tomes (but no talismans)--Outlander and Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass, and I started re-reading HP-VI (is it July 21 yet?). I HIGHLY recommend the books to all, and you should check out the links to them ASAP if you need some summer reading. It was lovely to do nothing all day. The most trying part of the day, in fact, was choosing where to eat.


Now, just a few words on Mallorcan fashions:
  1. man capris

  2. mullets

  3. bikinis on ANY body type whatsoever
It was amazing(ly horrible). I felt like I was in some disastrous timewarp schism of fashion. I must confess that I did get a couple of pictures of some outstanding hair, and I'll post those once I get home. Other than observing the outlandish hair and fashion statements, it was a GRAND time!
Our time left here is short, but there's still a whole lotta Dr. Who to watch, Edinburgh to visit (again), kebabs to eat, and friends and family to see. We'll catch up more later. (I know you can't wait!)


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, Mr. Justin Timberlake has been spotted abroad wearing said man capris. Very upsetting.

11:09 AM  
Blogger jacob said...

no talismans? shame. get those F-ing VHS tapes and show them to your kids or else. i don't care if you have to stop in canada on the way back and pick 'em up.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home