BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Seth Rogen, You're My Hero

He started off as a wise-cracking, curly haired freak in "Freaks and Geeks," by far the most underrated character in the cast. It was easy to pay attention to broody Lindsay, pretty boy Franco, or goofy Haverchuck, but he was always slinking around in the back waiting for his moment to shine. After that gem was brutally cancelled, Judd Apatow kept him in tow (sorry, I had to) for his next series "Undeclared." While I have to admit, I'm not as well versed in this series as I am with "Frizzles und Gizzles," I still appreciate the fact that Rogen was again prevalent in yet another short-lived series.

So why you may ask is Seth Rogen my hero? To start with, he's a Canadian born comic, like another God of my country, MJF. He also knows how to rock the facial hair. Finally, he's a survivor. Through all the TV cancellations, he held strong. His work in "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" was absolutely priceless. And now the summer is his. He'll be appearing in "Knocked Up," another Apatow production with buddy, Paul Rudd, and this will be his first turn as "leading man." (This production also has co-star Jason Segel from "Freaks and Geeks" and Jay Baruchel from "Undeclared".)Later in the summer, he'll have a supporting role in "Superbad," which stars George Michael Bluth himself, Michael Cera. And, he co-penned this teen flick about the last day of high school (think "Can't Hardly Wait").

Congratulations, Seth Rogen, you are officially a God in my country. Everything is falling into place for this man who will one day be my cousin-in-law (right, Kendra?). I can't wait to start sharing family dinners and razor sharp, dry cynical wit with him. It will be a dream come true.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got it right, Cousin. I LOVE ME SOME SETH ROGEN. He's delectable- for so many reasons. Thank you for devoting an entire entry to him. It's well deserved.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got it wrong. Seth is MINE!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will fight you.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't get Eddie Vedder AND Seth Rogen. That isn't fair, so therefore Seth is mine.

12:16 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Um, cousin, lauren might have a point. eddie and seth? but wait, if you don't marry him, he can't be my cousin-in-law, and we can't have witty repartee parties. but then again...lauren is my adopted cousin. oh, wow. i'm so confused and can't get in the middle of this.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me?! Lauren, let's take stock here. You have Justin AND Gavin and you're begrugding me Seth and Eddie?! What if I threw in James Mercer to sweeten the deal?

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you have Jack White. Anyway this is beside the point you can only marry one person and I think we both know that you would pick Eddie over Seth. I don't think I would want to marry Justin or Gavin. So I get Seth.

11:09 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

Ladies, ladies, ladies. There's plenty of the Seth to go around.

(What's that [modified] from?)

I love the little repartee going on here. Keep it up as long as you wish.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't Hardly Wait?

"Are you cryin? Oh no, baby please! You are far too fine to look so sad."

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home