BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Delicious Music

Martin's pal, Eric, said that at least one person in our house buys modern music. If you're not in the know, he was referring to me, because Martin specializes in 1980's hair rock--not that there's anything wrong with that. My quest to stay abreast of modern music continued this past week, and as always, I got a little help from my cuz, KK.

LISTEN TO THIS:
Amy Winehouse, Back to Black--She's English, drunk, and tatted out. She's also ready to entertain with her stylized Etta Jamesish vocals. Absolutely delectable.
Key tracks=Rehab and Me & Mr. Jones (she makes up new words in that one, right Kendra & Toddo?)




Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins, Rabbit Fur Coat--Remember "Troop Beverly Hills" and "The Wizard?" Yes, it's that Jenny Lewis. (And if you don't remember at least one of those, get off this blog right NOW.) Think Loretta but with smooth, innocent, girly vocals. Ms. Lewis is still a fiery, yet cute, redhead, and this CD is delightful.
Key tracks=The Charging Sky, Handle with Care

Rilo Kiley, More Adventerous--Headed by the same Jenny Lewis from above, this Cali foursome are beloved indie sweethearts, and her vocals make them special. The CD is from 2005, but I just got hold of it. (Sorry I'm not more on top of it!)
Key tracks=I've only listened to it twice thus far, so if you want key tracks, drop me an email in a few more days.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you found Jenny Lewis. Rilo Kiley is great, but her solo/Watson Twins stuff is my personal fave! She's a good ole Nebraskan like we were for a while...that's where we found Rilo, though K told us about her newest album...which I cannot get enough of!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did end up buying Takeoffs and Landings- it's good stuff. I have to be honest though, it bums me out when the guy sings and not Jenny. There are a couple songs like that on this album. We need to trade soon.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Toddo said...

I couldn't stop listening to The Winehouse a few weeks ago. I litterally would take my poddy out of my car, run upstairs and plug it into it's little stereo and keep listening to her. She's amazing. I'm trying to incorporate fuckery into my everyday dialogue. And we're seeing her at The Paloozer!!!!!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home