BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Precious


Sorry for the delay in posting...It's been a sad New Year. I didn't get to post my Top 10 Christmas Gifts, because we lost our dear puppy, Merlyn the Dog, the precious. We loved him SOOOOOO much. You may have a dog, but our dog was the best. ;) I know it's all a matter of opinion, but Merlyn was the most loyal, precious, awesome, bouncy puppy ever. He was always the puppy, too; it didn't matter that he was 15. He loved to bound around the three lots between 1216 and 1212. He wagged his tale, attacked you at the door, and only ever wanted hugs and loves. He still loved to play keep away with his rag-rope, even though he was 15.

It's been really rough without the puppy. H
e passed last Thursday, December 28. He just couldn't get up anymore. Send your happy thoughts to my dad especially, cause he's lost his bestest buddy ever. We all miss him, and I think we always will. Check him out in the maroon stallion above, taking one of his favorite Sunday rides with my mom and da, and below, exploring backwoods country with his Ober.


I wish I had more prophetic, and poetic, things to say, but they aren't coming to me right now. But you can share your memories with the reading masses if you want to.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh... poor Merlyn! You do know the only thing that will comfort your ailing parents now, don't you? I'll go get the crib ready;-)

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, loving tribute, Daughter. Thank you for writing about the bestest Mr Li'l Boy ever.

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. God bless you, Jacob. Took the words right outta my mouth.

2. It is indeed the end of an era. The Merlyn Years. I loved that dog. He was such a good puppy, always. He liked to hang on my sleeping bag on Manna's floor back in the teen years. He always followed you upstairs to see what was up. His repertoire of tricks was always impressive. I'll miss his greeting at the door- a staple at 1216. Goodbye Merlyn, you were a true friend.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home