BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

I Figured It Out


I was over at foodnetworkaddict (which, by the way, has made it into a free daily D.C. paper and pops up on the google image search for the Contessa!) reading about Nigella Lawson. I finally figured out why I don't relish her shows like other Brit fave, Jamie Oliver. She's much too seductive for me. It's almost as if she wants to jump through the camera and make love to you (see proof at right, from her official website), not to mention her food. It's very uncomfortable and disconcerting. I felt kinda weird and dirty after watching 20 minutes of her Christmas special yesterday. I've been catching snatches here and there, and although some of her recipes are intriguing, I haven't been able to sit through an entire episode.

I do want to try her Rudolph Pie from the Christmas Special. It was a ginormous Shepherd's Pie, chock full of veg and ground meats. She fits the FN diva mold, though: she included a recipe for Alcoholic Hot Chocolate on this same Christmas special. Oh to see her, Ina, and Aunt Sandy together on New Year's Eve!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home