BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm a Dolt

So I'm surfin' foodnetworkaddict again, and I come across some happy Tyler Florence news (he's married! Married? Yeah, married! Married? Yeah, married...Sheesh!), and I click the link to his My Space for more info. Then I see that Jamie Oliver is one of his "friends," so I click the link to his My Space. I am once again, after a few seconds looking at the "friends" section, confused by the whole format of this pop culture phenomenon.

On Jamie's page he has a nice banner on the left hawking his goods--books (the new one at left for instance), DVD's, whatever. Then in the center-top he has a welcome banner with a small blurb about him (even though he apparently doesn't run this; a friend does). And, finally, comes the part where I'm totally, utterly, stePENDously confused about: scrolling down you see all the "friends" who've left messages for him, each other, etc. I JUST DON'T GET THIS. It's full of stupid pictures of stupid people he probably doesn't know. The comments scroll on and on forever (and if you think his scroll is long, check out Giada's messages). If you check Jamie's space out soon, you'll find a picture of a guy who apparently rocks (he looks like a git).

What I'm saying is this: I can't handle the randomness of the My Space posting etiquette (if you can even call it etiquette). I prefer the simple blog format of my dear Blogspot page (ie, the thing you're reading right now). If there are comments, they are easy to find, and the entries are organized by month and also easy to access. All my buds have the My Space goin' on, but I just don't think I can handle it. I guess I'm an OCD dolt who needs order... even on her blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home