BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Movie Weekend!

I had a fun-filled movie weekend! It's not often I see two movies in a weekend, but I love it when I do! Especially when one of those is "The Departed," but more on that later.Saturday found me at "Smokin' Aces." I was in between my bro and my hubby, getting cold vibes from the latter and neutral vibes from the former. As the movie progressed, I liked what I saw, but I wasn't bowled over. It could have been a lot better, but it was an entertaining Saturday afternoon flick. The part where Andy Garcia was all of sudden from South Carolina, or some other southern state, was especially giggleful. (Yeah, that happened in the last scene, too. Andy Garcia's thought process: "I'm gonna change this up a bit. I haven't been in the film for multiple scenes, so the audience probably forgot I wasn't southern. I'll just practice my south town dialect for a bit.") Ray Liotter and Ry Reynolds were a good (hot) team, and Piven even had me feelin' his pain by the end. Then there was "The Departed." Soooooooooooo glorious. I think it's the best one since "Goodfellas." It took us long enough to see it, and it's all thanks to Galen. (It was his birfday today, and he wanted to see it.) DiCaps and Matty Damon were awesome. DiCaps had me so fidgety and paranoid that I was lookin' behind my back for Jack Nicholson's crew to cap me! It was hard to see Damon as the baddy, but I'm glad he took that turn.

Marky Mark stole the show, though! He's ready to sling it at Giardono in the above scene. His lines were far too inappropriate to print here, but he was the freaking BEST! He had a very enjoyable dialogue exchange with Alec Baldwin that should have got Baldwin an Oscar nod for supporting Mark. I hope he wins that Oscar. Well, thanks to those Oscar nods the film was re-released, and if you missed it the first time, like us, go see it now. I still don't think Scorsese will take home the golden statue. He must have some dark secret we don't know about, but makes the Academy hate him. (Kind of like how they hated Cary Grant and never gave him anything but an honorary Oscar.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home