BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Kneel Before Zod!

Or in this case, Becks.

It's official! David Beckham has signed to a 5-year, $250 million contract with the L.A. Galaxy. Oh, baby! Catherine better get me some tickets right now!

If you don't know dear, ole Becks, let me give you a rundown:
  1. He speaks with the voice of a girl.
  2. He's the world's most popular football (soccer) player.
  3. He's married to Posh Spice and has kids with notorious celebrity names (Brooklyn, Romeo, & Cruz--man are those kids gonna get their arses whooped in school).
  4. He wants to play in the U.S. before he becomes a 34-year-old hasbeen who's only in it for the money. Um, he's 31 now, and he's already been rendered useless by Real Madrid, the Spanish powerhouse he signed a lucrative deal with three seasons ago.
  5. He wants to bring soccer to a new level in the U.S. (Which I applaud him for since the NBA is becoming a breeding ground for hip hop/pimp/ghetto wannabes).
  6. He can be a pretty face, but I really doubt there's much going on upstairs.
  7. Part of his contractural earnings will be made of the profits from the Galaxy's games...maybe you should scrap the previous comment I made about him not being so bright, because this means his earnings could exceed the $250 million promised.
Thus concludes my first sports post ever. Applause, applause, A-PLAUSE! (QUICK! Which John Hughes classic is that from?)

5 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

Pretty in Pink?

Yeah, I'm totally excited about Becks. I watched him on good morning america today and he wasn't really getting any of their jokes. When you wanna go to LA?

1:04 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

PIP is correct! And I want to go to LA right now. The Galaxy is already selling more tickets than ever after yesterday's news.

It's the weekend!!! THREE DAYS OFF! :)

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, so you will only come to LA when Becks shows up. I see how it is! It's not enough that I have been here for 10 freaking years. No, no...really, I see what is more important. :)

5:54 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Hey, hey now. I seem to remember a fabulous trip to LA: taking the exclusive Catherine tour, eating In & Out every day, watching the Donnie in "6th Sense," AND see the Tawrus and Joey Joe in concert. One of THE best trips EVER for me. :)

I REALLY want to go to Disney Land, since I haven't yet, and I'm trying to convine the hubby to do so. I also heard a rumor that Peter Pan does less crazy lines than WDW. Is that true???

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True, true....I was just thinking about that trip when I was at the Justin concert on Tuesday. I was helping bring sexy back. :) But that was like in 98 or 99! You are overdue lady!

And yes, I don't think the Peter Pan line at D'land is as long as at WDW.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home