BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

High Five!


I'm so glad to report that Sacha Baron Cohen won the Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy. His speech was out of character (thank goodness), but he did relay a wonderfully obscene and disgusting story about "the scene" from his movie, "Borat" (which lost out to "Dreamgirls"). (You know the scene I'm talkin' 'bout.)

I was actually a bit bored with last night's telecast of the Globes. The Globes are my favorite awards show, because it showcases both TV and film. I guess I was just bummed that more of my favorites didn't win. No Kiefer, no 24, no Carrell...but Hugh Laurie (giving the night's other memorable speech--must be something about Brits and speeches) won for his demented Dr. House. And, Alec Baldwin does deserve props for being THE funny part on "30 Rock." Martin Scorsese won for "The Departed," but I'm sure Oscar will shun him again. Helen Mirren took away two (Martin urging her all along the way to put her breasts away--talk about cleave!), and DiCaps lost both of his nods to Forest "I-Survived-Fast-Times- at-Ridgemont-High" Whitaker. And, I've saved the worst for last: "Cars" beat "Happy Feet" for animated feature. You know what that is??? NOISE!!! As in, I'm NOT hearin' it. For all the winners click here.

If you want to see some hot pictures, click here for Yahoo photos (the first is of Wah-ren Beatty). The girlfriends looked especially hot last night, by the by: Drew, Angelina, Yunjin Kim, Martin's fave Rachel Weisz, so see if you can find some of them. And it's off to class I go...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Helen Mirren is great and everything, but she's so boring. It's not exciting when she wins. It's like back a few years ago when Judi Dench was winning everything, I was like "ZZZZZ." Seriously, I think I'm agist or something. I want the young, hip kids to win everything. What's wrong with me?! Although I do think Jeremy Irons is still a sexy beast!

Yeah, Carell was robbed. When are Jim or Dwight ever gonna get nominated from that show?!

I can't believe that there hasn't been more fallout from the J.T. Prince diss! Seriously, I thought there would be some controversy.

How gorgeous was little Drew-Drew? I totally get why she's on your "Chick List." I may have to put her on mine. Cammi Diaz sucked as much as her dress.

11:45 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

Cammi certainly did suck. Wowee-wow-wow! WHAT was that??? Even Martin was appalled. I thought he was going to cry when she came out. "Oh, Cameron," was all he could utter. Poor chap. He needs to turn to my chick pool. ;)

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home