BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Monday, January 08, 2007

EIU Here I Come!


Well, if my posts got few and far between before, lets wait and see what happens when I have class to attend as well.

Tomorrow I will be starting my second Master's at Eastern Illinois University. (Go Panthers!) I've never taken class and taught class at the same time, but I hope I'll be okay. Lots of teachers do it, so I think I'll be able to do it also? I'll be taking it with my best Franklin buddies, Mr. Mast, Mr. Pickell, and Ms. Palmer. This is the original 6 North team (even though one of us is in Monticello now), and I'm sure we'll persevere together.

Our degrees will be in Elementary Education, but the degree is focused in Middle School Education. The more I teach M.S., the more I enjoy it, and I think I'll be (stuck) there for a long time. I'm looking forward to learning again, instead of just teaching. Just wish me luck, so I can get through the next semesters teaching and learning. Also wish me luck on my Tuesdays that will last from 6:30 am until 10:30 pm.

What HAVE I gotten myself into???

3 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

oh my! are you doing the administration program, too? Trying to get that much vied-for job of Franklin principal? :-) That'd be fun. But, seriously, 2 masters? Who's pressuring you to do this? Do you have to go to Charles-in-charge-ville?

10:12 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

I do get to go to Charles-in-ChargeTON, and that's what I shall call it from now on. I'm going home to take a nap now. I have 90 minutes before I leave. :)

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is going on?! How come I didn't know anything about this?! I'm shocked! This seems totally out of the blue to me. What's happening to us?!?! And by the by, I can't believe you are going to get a degree from somewhere other than the U of I. Will your mom and grandparents recognize it as a valid degree? Scandalous...

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home