BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Oh, Superman


Well, I never got to talk about my favorite Christmas gifts, but I will tell you this, Martin is feeding my love for Superman backwards, forwards, and sideways. :) Not only did he give me the Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition (which I HIGHLY recommend for any Superman fan--the documentary discs are outstanding!), but he also got me started on "Smallville," the WB teen drama that follows Clark Kent's development into Duperman...I mean Superman (sorry that I spelled out my speech impediment).

"Smallville" is positively delightful! Most days at school I count down the hours until I can get home and watch another episode. It's classic WB high school drama, but I love that. I loved "Buffy," and I love the daily teen routines that are re-visited in this chapter of the Superman chronicles. Most episodes deal with Clark's unrequited love for his crush, Lana, who of course, is dating a football player. We've also seen Clark try to become part of the in-crowd by joining the football team, one of Clark's friends deal with overweight issues (and then turning into a hyper-metabolic fat sucking lass), and the typical party without parents gone wrong, Jake Ryan style.

The show is aces, and I can't wait to finish season 1...and then wait for the other seasons to go on sale at amazon (usually in the summertime).

The Top 5 Things I Love About "Smallville:"
1. It's about Superman (duh).
2. Clark Kent's love interest is Lana Lang, instead of Lois...a nice spin, reminiscent of "Superman III."
3. Lex Luthor (played by Michael Rosenbaum) looks just like my pastor.
4. Clark Kent (Tom Welling) is perfect: dark hair, blue eyes, bright, white teeth...you know--you're typical Superman.
5. The parents! Annette O'Toole, who played Lana in "Superman III," is Clark's mom. Jonathan Kent is none other than John "Bo Duke" Schneider. Nothin' like a Duke to class up a series.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Lex wear jeans like Andy? I never knew about the awesome 'rents in this series. I would have been watching.

1:22 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Definitely check it out, mommy. You can borrow my copy of season 1 when I'm done. I know dad and Andrew would LOVE to watch it with you. ;)

And, no, Lex does not rock the Andy jeans. He has a major, life-sucking coporation to run, dontcha know? :)

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to nerd with your cousin Matt (Eads, not the twink) about this show. He LOVES it!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home