BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Two Mush Funn!

Take two parts Charlie Brown + three parts Spellbound and you've got the "25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee." Oh, please go see this if you're in Chicago (or Boston or NYC)! Martin got me tickets for my birthday, and they just happened to be in the front row! It was the first time I've seen a show in the front row, and it was visually stimulating to see the actors' spit fly across the stage as they put their whole bodies into the pronunciation of every syllable of each word. (Actually, substitute gross for visually stimulating.)

This is the most joyful musical since "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown." I love it when adults pretend to be kids; there's something so pure and happy about their performances. It was so much fun to see these big kids run around the stage dancing, singing, and spelling their hearts out. Listening to the CD is okay, but this is one of those musicals you really need to see to get. I laughed so hard!!! (Almost as hard as when we saw "Spamalot.") Like "Spamalot," I left the theatre with a huge grin plastered to my face. :)

Anyhoo...go see it if you can and prepare yourself for a lighthearted night of fantastic, kiddiful fun!
SHOW
CHICAGO TICKETS
CD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home