BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Warm Fuzzies


At times I feel like I could set feminism and the women's movement back a hundred years. I love to cook, clean, and keep house. If I could, I would totally quit my job and become a housewife. In fact, cooking is one of the things that brought me comfort and calm after Uncle Clark passed away.

Today I spent the afternoon putting up Halloween decorations and going to the store. I took great care in picking out the week's food supply, since my in-laws from Scotland will be here. As I think over the next week's menu, I get excited anticipating putting the recipes together with love.

This evening I played some games with my husband and his friends, and then I had an overwhelming desire to make chocolate chip cookies...at 10 o'clock at night. I delighted in seeing their faces when I presented the warm, chewy morsels of goodness to them. After I had delighted their tum-tums with yummies, I proceeded to clean the kitchen with great care...And I didn't mind doing this.

Finally, as I get ready for bed, I look forward to tomorrow's activities: cleaning the laundry, putting up some final Halloween decorations up, and making sure the house is in ship shape cleanliness for the Scottish invasion. Martin calls it being house proud and that I should lay off. But, I love taking care of everyone and everything; it brings me joy caring for them; it's how I show my love for them. So, if anyone was a six-figure job Martin could do, let me know, for then my dreams of becoming a housewife can come true...Well, I suppose I would miss teaching eventually. Give me a plan for that, too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can just tutor! Tell those kids to stop by in-betwixt loads of laundry or simply scrub the tub while having the little lads recite their times tables. (do children still recite times tables?)

I would love to be a house-husband. I went to look at all the fun hallowen decorations this weekend and wished I had a reason to purchase them and put them up:-/

PS- Did you see Oprah and Gayle tour Graceland? See how they just let them plop down at the dinner table and eat Memphis-favorites (the first non-family members allowed to eat there)?

yeah. I bet you did.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home