BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

How Could She?



Whilst watching "Pretty in Pink" tonight, I'm again struck by how extemely stupid Andie is for choosing a guy named after a major appliance over a guy named after water fowl.

My vote is for Duckie everytime.

Duckie's devoted to Andie, mimes and dances Otis for Andie (in one of the best scenes in '80's film history that still makes me swoon), and yet he's okay choosing Kristy Swanson in the end? I much prefer the original ending, found on "Pretty in Pink: Everything's Duckie Edition," instead. But, on the other hand, I always imagine Duckie becoming this famous record producer of his own indie label, Andie and Blane getting in a wicked divorce (that went on for a very long time thanks to no prenup), and Duckie denying her when she crawls back. Don't furrow your brow that way: she would have deserved it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that the much-touted "duckie edition" doesn't REALLY have the original ending-- it just discusses it or has a featurette about it. Weird. I'll have to ask joanna about it

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home