BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

I'm in Trouble, Y'All

First off, imagine me saying that in a Paula Deen voice. Secondly, I have to point out that this will be my first post that is about me and not some part of pop culture. Finally, let me tell you why I'm in trouble.

I came home tonight after viewing Samuel L. Jackson's blockbuster, "Snakes on a Plane," and I found myself somewhat depressed. Actually, a lot depressed. I couldn't understand it: I had spent lunch at Dos Reales with family and friends, the afternoon visiting the beautifulest baby ever, sweet Aubrey, and reading a good book over again (John Bellairs' "The Curse of the Blue Figurine"), and then we went and saw "Snakes on a Plane" (one of the most important and pivotal films ever made in film history). How could I be depressed???

I decided to assess the situation. Is it cause school is about to start? Is it cause my dear friend, Kristy, fled our school and won't be with us anymore? Or maybe it's those pesky teacher dreams that are increasing nightly? Heck, maybe deep down it's even the fact that Hilary and Halie Duff's new movie, "Material Girls," actually got made and released yesterday.

Well, I kept pondering my anxiety and depression through an episode of the first season of "Angel." (I had forgotten about this episdoe, called "She," and it was very terrible and tres boring, though the rest of the season is quality.) I continued contemplating during "Ace of Cakes," FN's newest series about gourmet wedding and event cakes made by Baltimore's Duff Goldman. (It was exceptional! Check it out, FN Addict!) Then it happened. I was horrified with what I found out during the commercial break.

Jif had a commercial for some PB&J, and I thought, "Hummm...I could go one of those." I trotted downstairs, slapped together some Meijer wheat bread, Peter Pan peanut butter (not Jif), and Beef House jelly. I also got me some Reduced Fat Ruffles (the best kind). I chomped that down, and instantly, I began to feel better. I realized I hadn't had many veggies today, so then I ate a salad I had pre-made for a lunch. I continued to feel even better; I was almost ship-shape even.
So, here I am, tummy full, but I began to panic. Is this all I am? Some depressed being who feels better after wolfing down a sammie and some chips? Is this why I'm "pleasantly plump and good humored"? All's I'm thinking is I'm in trouble. School's starting, and there's always a greater tendency of being depressed during those 9 months.

This recognition of the depression-eating food relationship is a good thing, I think. I can now be aware of it and try to curb my need to eat when I'm depressed during the next 9 months. What can I do instead, though, fair readers? I can't go exercise during school hours, but this is when I do the most snacking derived from a depressive state. So, any ideas would be helpful. Well, I guess I thought I was in trouble, but now maybe I can conquer this habit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home