BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Thank You, Food Network


Well, summer is almost over for this teacher. This is my last official day off of the summer, and I just wanted to thank Food Network for the hours spent on my russet red couch watching all my favorite chefs, day in and day out.

Some (my brother) may call my summer life sad. I wake up around 10, go to the gym, and get home in time for Paula's noon showing. I'm stuck on the couch for the rest of the afternoon partaking in whatever Giada, Chiarello, Tyler, Paula & Giada agai
n, Ina (hooray for that Hamptons Hottie), Aunt Sandy, and RayRay have to cook that day. Whether it be meatballs, something with five sticks of butter in it, or a huge fillett of beef, I will watch every second and enjoy it. (Especially those cocktails from Sandra. How many different kinds of liqueur are there anyway? I think she brews them at home.) This may seem sad, but my culinary skills have excelled even beyond my own wildest imagination.

I will miss my summer days on the couch with my best friends glowing in front of me. I feel like I haven't learned enough Paula's Tips, practiced enough Ultimate dishes, or truly understood what makes Napa Valley Style, Napa Valley-esque. There's never enough time in the summer, but I'll always have next year. Yes, yes, I can watch the same line up on Saturday and Sunday mornings, like my dear friend, Food Network Addict, but it just isn't the same.

From my kitchen to yours...well, you can finish the rest.


P.S. If you want to buy the Food Network Favorites book pictured above, follow this link. While you're at it, see if you can find out who I should complain to about Wolfgang Puck's scary mug being on the cover instead of Aunt Sandy or my favorite, Ina. And, he does look VERY scary; child molester like even.

1 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

Yeah, what the freak is his face doing down there in the corner? Wasn't he just in Thailand, confessing to some beauty queen murder?

sorry to hear about the end to your lazy days of summer. sounds like a pretty sweet life:-) Don't feel bad about the "there"-- bet you can't wait to read those kids' papers!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home