BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Indoctrination...at its Best???

I am trying really hard over here to nurture and develop this country's fourth generation of Brady Bunch lovers.  (Or, is it third?  I forget the definitive amount of years between generations, so to make this sound more impressive lets just say I'm working on the fourth.)  Let me tell you, folks, it ain't all that easy with all these cute lil Ponies and bright, shiny Pixars all over the place.  I'm thinking, however, that if I get to 'em early enough, it might just stick.

My fondest memories of after school between the ages of 10 and 13 were watching The Brady Bunch.  I usually did this at my aunt's house.  I would be picked up from school by my grandmother and head over to my aunt's house to coo over my little twin cousins.  It just happens that this is when I was introduced to the best mixed family ever created in the history of the world. Sherwood Schwarz, you did such fine work...even if Robert Reed cursed you til the day he passed. 



Seriously, how can my kids go wrong with the Brady Bunch?  Wonderful sibling camaraderie, a problem WITH  a solution in 25 minutes, two of the most loving parents in TVdom, and definitely the most loving maid shows that it really does take a village.  There's even singing, dancing, and potato sack races!  NOTHING says family bonding like potato sack races...on astroturf.



I've caught Alba trying to sing along a couple of times to the theme song.  Oh, be patient, dear one.  One day it will click, you'll have all the words, and then you can teach your friends the song...just like I did.  Thank you, Auntie Shrew, for the introduction.  Thank you, Hallmark Channel, for the two hour block everyday.  And, advanced thanks to Alba and Kean, for hopefully keeping the Bunch alive.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jo Mama said...

Oh Amanda - honorary Brady Girl.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home