BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Flux Copasitor Fluxing to 1990

Remember Tommy Page? Anyone...anyone? Well, guess what? I DO! (Of course I do. If you thought I wouldn't then SHAME on you.) Do you still own Tommy Page's hit album, Paintings in My Mind (co-produced by New Kid on the Block Donnie Walhberg, and with Jordan Knight on backing vocals) on CASSETTE? I DO! Did you make your two-year-old daughter listen to Tommy Page today after her nap and sing along with the tracks to serenade her? I DID! (And, let me tell you how oddly fascinated I was to find out I still remembered over 90% of the lyrics. How does my brain store those away yet cannot remember the names of students I had just 10 weeks ago???)


Yes, folks, Tommy Page is alive and well at BBB!!! I've put an old stereo/record/cassette set in my daughter's room (vintage, y'know, with teal & pink tones), and I kinda love that I still own the Tommy Page cassette. (I also own THREE cassettes by MMC favorites, The Party. They were the hip MMCers before that Justin and J.C. took over.) One of my absolute favorite episodes of Full House is when Mr. Page shows up and sings to D.J. for her birthday. Cause who couldn't that happen to? I mean, he was no Jordan or Joe, but they were way too busy to show up to birthdays, so Tommy was happy to step in. Heck, I would've taken him at my 12th birfday.


Tommy Page DOES have an official website, and I highly encourage you check it out. I'm also seriously considering upgrading my cassette to CD...or maybe I'll just download from iTunes. When I told my cousin I had been serenading the bigger bairn with Tommy Page, she replied that she had forgotten he existed. Shame. Get into some sweet, chaste early 90s pop via Tommy. You won't be sorry. ;)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home