BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Saturday, August 06, 2011

FIVE!!!



BingBongBoom!!! is FIVE! We missed our anniversary date by a few days, but that's what happens when you're still in a post-Sir Paul glow, driving to Missouri, and wrangling two beautiful children.


A lot has happened in FIVE years. FIVE years ago...


  • I'd never seen an episode of Smallville or Gibley Gibson Girls.

  • I hadn't seen Patti LuPone on Broadway.

  • Was over 60 books ago. I've done some good readin', for a teacher and mum of two! :)

  • I still watched Food Network everyday, but now I've cashed in my FN stock to Cooking Channel stock, cause it's so much more cutting edge (and still shows Julia Child).

  • I was committed to blogging daily, but now I'm happy with once every couple of weeks. (Hey, it's the QUALITY, not the QUANTITY.)

  • Doctor Who was a minor blip on my radar, but within the last few years it has become a MAJOR storm, constantly churning and making new waves in my entertainment-driven banter.

  • I had never read a graphic novel. (Red Son was my first...of course it had to be Superman.)

  • It was merely a dream to see Paul McCartney live in concert. (Yes, I'm still on about that.)

  • I thought maybe kids might be in my future, but I had no idea I'd get two completely wonderful, awesome, fun children...within 18 months of each other.

There's been so much more, but there are too many fabulous things to list. One thing is for sure: I love writing this blog. There might be two or three people who actually read this, but I love keeping track of the little things that strike me as funny, important, pivotal, and what-have-you. So, as long as there's just one person out there still reading, I'm still writing. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Murray said...

Keep writing1

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Jo Mama said...

When I saw "FIVE", I thought maybe Alba was 5 minutes away from sleep. Your writing is wonderful, and I agree wholeheartedly with Murray.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home