BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Do It To Me One More Time

As soon as Smallville wrapped up its series run in late May, I started re-watching the show on DVD. As most of you may know, I've had a love-hate relationship with the show the last few years. I was so hyped to get caught up on DVD then watch the show live. However, when I got to watching the super series "live," it took on a whole new excruating spot on my weekly TV line-up. The CW did the show an inustice by putting weeks, sometimes months, between new episodes. I would lose track of major plot lines, but even more devasting was the face that I lost interest. Re-watching the show I'm enjoying it even more than I remembered. I'm on season 6 (pretty good for starting the last week of May)--the writer's strike season--and I don't remember enjoying seasons 4 and 5 the first time around as much as I did this second time. I think when I get to re-watch seasons 7-10, I'll appreciate them even more, too. And, thus leads us to today's quandary...


Do I buy the complete Smallville series when it comes out on November 29 (hmmm...someone's 9th wedding anniversary...)?




PROS:


  • I'll have a stunning complete boxed set, but akin to my stunning complete boxed set of Gibson-Gibley Girls.

  • The extras in the set are soooo pretty.

  • I don't have seasons 8-10 on DVD.

  • I could sell season 1-7 used to try to make a little coin to go toward the new shiny set.

  • There's an awesome 90 minute featurette spanning the entire series with cast interviews.



CONS:


  • IT'S NOT AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY.

  • I already have seasons 1-7.

  • The cover art for season 10 is hella better than the complete series art.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Cori said...

That's tough, but I say if you can find a poster of the season 10 artwork, then I think it would be worth it to have the series box set. Sell your 1-7 seasons and put it towards the big one. Sounds like the extras would be worth it...and that's not always the case w/ DVD lately. That used to be such a big thing when DVDs first came out, but now it seems you have to pay extra for a DVD with features. BOO!!!

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home