BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

U.S. Viewers, Get Ready to Meet Tennant

Yes, that's right, folks: David Tennant is making his way to the American airwaves. Thanks to our pop culture source*, I became informed of this today. Sure you can see him introducing Masterpiece Contemporary, but now he'll be working his magic in a "comedy legal drama" (according to the BBC). So, how excited is BBB!? Well, let me present a couple of points that drifted into my head upon learning of this exciting news:

1. If Tennant uses an American accent, lets hope it's better than his countryman's, Ewan McGregor's. That accent is the only thing worrying me about The Men Who Stare at Goats.
2. I loved legal dramedy Boston Legal, but I hope this show gets more play and accolades. Sure, Denny Crane won a couple of awards, but the show went largely unheralded...even though it was tons o' fun. (Spader was awesome.)
3. The show is based in CHICAGO...if they are filming there, I WANT A MEMO, AND I WANT ON THE VISITOR'S LIST. I think I'd squeal like a pig if I was walking down Michigan and ran into Tennant. My husband would be so embarrassed.

4. The show is called Rex is Not Your Lawyer. Weird titles usually spawn some interest. I hope that's true in this case.


Well, here's to crossing fingers, toes, and tongue that the pilot is successful and the show gets signed on permanently to NBC.


*AKA, my husband. I've been so busy with grading, feeding baby, and being a working mummy that I barely have time to keep abreast of what's going on in LaLaLand, so big thanks to him on keeping me informed on the whereabouts of my favorite Doctor.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Cori said...

I CAN'T WAIT!!! And if they are filming in Chicago...WE ARE SO GOING to track him down!! I am most definitely with you on that one!!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Me too! It makes feel faint to think he might be in Chicago!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home