BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

By Jove, I THINK I've Got It?

OK. OK. OH. KAY! I'll admit it: I'm not happy about the imminent arrival of Mr. Smith.

As I was walking into work the other morning, I was contemplating: Why am I so sad about the new Doctor Who? Christopher Eccleston was great, but David Tennant's been fantastic, too. (Or, should I switch those adjectives round? If you get what I'm sayin', wink for ya.) Then I was contemplating: I've liked other reincarnations of the Doctor better than some, but I've still enjoyed the show...except for one. There's always been one Doctor that I haven't been able to truly enjoy.

So, I started thinking about Mr. Baker...Colin that is. I think what it comes down to is this: At first glance Colin Baker and Matt Smith have the same face. They both have a face that oozes smarm. In Matt Smith's case, his face says: I'm only 26, I've been hired to play one of sci-fi's most revered characters, and I'm better than you. I sincerely, SINCERELY, hope this isn't the case once the new trailers start rollin' on the interwebs, but this is my gut reaction right now.

Do you care? Probably not. But at least I feel better now after figuring out why I'm so opposed to the exit of Tennant and the entrance of Smith.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Mom said...

Oh no - I love Tennant Who. Whoville will not be the same without him.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home