BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Victor Newman & Daniel Desario

I like keepin' tabs on my old stories I used to watch which I was a young'un, and I found two very interesting stories this week about a couple of my old storytime staples.

Eric Braeden, daytime's most dashing leading man, has been FIRED from Young and the Restless! What the deuce!?! How can Y&R exist without Victor Newman??? This is absolutely ridiculous. They thought he wasn't worth the amount of money they've been paying for, so they chopped his butt. I'm sorry, but his voice alone is worth every red cent they were giving him. Not to mention, he still looks pretty darn good for a guy going on 69. He was about to celebrate his 30th year on Y&R, but this anniversary will go uncelebrated. I guess we'll just have to hope for more guest spots on HIMYM as Robin's Canadian father (I almost dropped an egg when I saw him pop up on that show!).

And, now for something completely different...James Franco, winner of an Independent Spirit Award for his work in last year's Milk, has contacted General Hospital to do work on the show. Did you hear that? James Franco WANTS to work on a soap. Apparently he wants to experience the grueling process and work hours it takes to produce a soap opera, and he has the same agent as one of GH's biggest stars, Steve Burton. His several episode stint will start in November...supposedly. I hope he goes through with it, cause it would be a gas to see him on daytime stories!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mama said...

No loyalty - no respect - pretty much that way everywhere - school, business, government. Ahhhh.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Kendra said...

Victor was a staple of my childhood. This is very upsetting. As is the James Franco news...in a different way. :)

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read somewhere James Franco was doing it for research for a part. But I have no idea what kind of part would require work on a soap.

-Alyssa:-)

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home