BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Week to...

...ME!

Yes, folks, this is my birthday week. In fact, it's the 30th birthday week I've ever celebrated! I can't believe I'm going to be 30!

It's not that I'm mourning the fact that I'll be 30: I just CAN'T believe it! I've seen a lot over these 30 years, and I plan to ruminate on a few of these things this week. I want to start the week on a serious note, however, and tell you all how blessed I am.

I truly am blessed. The Lord blesses me everyday. To be honest with you, I'm not really sure why. I don't deserve His love, blessings, or grace, yet He freely gives these to me everyday. It's such an awesome thing to be a child of God.

You often listen to me wax philosophical on the pop culture things of this life, but these are fleeting. Tons of fun and entertaining, yes, but only with us for a short time (even though my memory is long). God's love is everlasting, and how wonderful it is to know that I was made to be loved by Him. Only recently have I become fully aware that that is why He made me.

I also like to think He made me to help spread His joy and love. I hope that when you see me sometime, on the street or yakety-yaking on the interwebs, you might see His light shine through me. It is because of Him I've been around for 30 years. It's because of Him I met my Martin and got to marry him. And, it's because of Him that we now have a beautiful daughter that gives us countless smiles and giggles everyday.

So, yes, it's my birthday week! And, yes, I'm also blessed by you few who actually read this little bit of writing I call a blog. Hey, it's one of the things that keeps me entertained, and I hope, every once in awhile, that it might entertain you, too. God bless! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kendra said...

This made me cry!!!!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home