BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Poor Thanksgiving

The holiday season is upon us! For me, the holiday season starts with frightful Halloween, continues with blessed Thanksgiving, and then culminates with joyous Christmas. I love to celebrate and honor each one, but each year it gets harder and harder for others to remember Thanksgiving.

Halloween decorations are up in stores by August, and Christmas decs are up by the beginning of October. When I go to find a Thanksgiving tablecloth or some fun decorations, they are almost impossible to find. This makes me sad. ABC Family is now counting down to the 25 Days of Christmas, so basically they have two months of Christmas movies instead of one. Christmas commercials have been running for two weeks already (if not more), and Food Network usually only dedicates one or two days to this holiday that celebrates blessings and being thankful for all you've received.

Christmas is my favorite holiday: don't get me wrong. I just wish Thanksgiving would get it's due as well. So, this Thanksgiving, and the weeks leading up to it, actually take time to count your blessings and thank God for all you're grateful for. Also demand your stores get some more Thanksgiving tablecloths and acoutrement for those of us who actually like to decorate for this special November day.

P.S. I also think more Thanksgiving movies should be made. I love me some Son-in-Law, but I want more than that, Trains, Planes, and Automobiles, and that Holly Hunter movie with drugged-up Robert Downey, Jr.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree. Even though Christmas is my favorite, Thanksgiving is awesome and should get some attention. Stuffing!!!!!!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home