BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

No Golden Globes for Us

If you know me, you knew I would complain about this, especially since the Globes are my favorite awards show of the season. Due to the writers' strike, there was no Golden Globes telecast tonight. I mean, how could an awards show function without patter? Not very well I guess. Instead, those unlucky enough to tune in (um, that was me) got to watch the dream team of Nancy O'Dell and Billy I'm-a-Tool Bush present the major awards. They still managed to pad this with their signature pedantic banter, discussing various topics from oh my gosh I can't believe Juno didn't win anything to La Vie en Rose not really fitting into any category to (my personal favorite) the generosity of the foreign press spreading out the best actor in a TV comedy award (apparently that dashing guy in Pushing Daisies will get it eventually). They about did my head in.

For Mr. Depp, lucky #7 it was: he finally got his for "Sweeney Todd" (which I still have seen-BLAST it). And, I'm so sad I didn't get to see Ed Ved's acceptance speech for "Guaranteed." Oh, wait, he wouldn't have shown up anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home