BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Why Am I Not That Excited?


Maybe it's the fact that in the last three days I've spent three 11-hour days at school this week and all I want to do is sleep. Or, maybe it's the fact that I watch "24" a season behind on DVD and have to dodge the clips for nominees (what a hassle). Perhaps it's the fact that I really just wish "Lost" was back on...and actually nominated for Best Drama Series. What I'm getting at is I'm really not that excited about Sunday night's Prime Time Emmy Awards.

I used to relish every awards show on: I even got pumped for the Nickelodeon Awards and the Teen Choice Awards (I caught literally 45 seconds of that last week; what a doozy!). I actually used to love the American Music Awards, because New Kids on the Block won two of them in one year (go Beantown Boys!). Now, however, the only two I can seem to put up with are the Oscars and the Golden Globes (my favorite one).

Don't get me wrong, it's all okay. I know I'll sit through the Emmy's. I'll even sit through this week's horribly long, I-wish-I- was-really-digging-my-eyes-out-with-a-spoon MTV Video Music Awards (just to see the production of "SexyBack"). The Emmy's just don't grab me like they used to. I think I'm probably just an award's show snob. I mean why would I want to watch an show that could possibly give an award to Jamie Pressly for playing Jamie Pressly? The only nominee who puts less effort into his work is Charlie Sheen. C'mon, Charlie! You could tape t
hat crud you "perform" on set and send it in it's so cold and sterile. At least Ducky, I mean Jon Cryer, finally got a nod, too. He deserves an award just for putting up with that schlock you turn in daily as acting.

I'll be watching the show for one thing: "These hands, Michael!"


Will Arnett better run away with that Supporting Actor award for everyone who didn't get nominated on "Arrested Development". (Yes, folks, you read that right: Sheen gets nominated and Jason Bateman doesn't.) I hate FOX for cancelling that show. In fact, all FOX personnel who had a hand in that cancellation deserve to rot in the deep, fiery pits of Oprah's hell (cause she's the devil, see?). One day I'll blog about the intelligent beauty that was "Arrested Development," but it's not time for that yet. The words of adoration and applause for that one must be chosen carefully. And if "Arrested Development" could actually beat out "The Office" for Best Comedy (though for me choosing which one should win would be akin to picking out a favorite child), I'll be the first to write a very petty "I told you so" letter to FOX. (Not that they'd listen, cause "Prison Break" is just so darn good.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jared said...

Arrested Development, Season 3 - on DVD Tuesday! Wahoo!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home