BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Messing with Perfection...Again

OMG. Balls. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!?

Columbia pictures has decided to remake the 1984 classic "The Karate Kid." It will star Will Smiff's son, Jaden, and Mr. Smiff will produce it. Ugh. I'm not going. I'll just stay at home and watch la originale again and again and again, because that film is still totally watchable. Mr. Miyagi? Who will replace him? (Rest in peace, yo.) Macchio? Do you really think lil Jaden will have as much raw charisma on screen as Ralph did? I don't think so. (I think it was Ralph's years--23 when he made the film--that led to his emotional depth in the film.) Hey, I'm layin' down a tenner right now that Billy Zapka turns up. What else would he be doing? He'll be the dad of Jaden's arch-nemesis.

Whatevs. Do what you want, Hollywood. You're right: what good is it coming up with new ideas? Let's go remake "The Breakfast Club" right now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure Matt told me Billy was recently seen making a "celebrity appearance" at a minor league baseball game. Sad.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home